Saturday, August 21, 2010

Just another day at the Jersey Shore

With all of the talk of "Snooki," "GTL," and "Fist Pumping," I decided that I needed to see what all of the fuss was about regarding the Jersey Shore! We went to Sea Girt, NJ where the military have a training station with a beach attached, which is free to military families. Some friends joined us and it was an absolutely beautiful day. We were not close to the quintessential Jersey boardwalk, and honestly, I think I need to save that people watching adventure for when Joel can come with us and provide running commentary;) This beach was great, the water was so clear, and it was a blast. We look forward to going back again and again over the years!

Titus and Wyatt surveying their surroundings.

Titus enjoyed digging and then throwing the sand in his hair. Despite the fact that I showered and changed him before we left, there was still a pile of sand in his car seat when we got home!

Tentatively exploring the water.

"I am the King of this beach!"

The boys loved playing in the sand with their toys.

Titus decided to drink some water from this bottle covered in sand....

....and then realized that sand does not taste so good.

But who cares? "I am at the beach!"

This is the face of a happy and content boy after our day at the Shore.

So tuckered out fifteen minutes later.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

Awe. What a super fun day!!! I see many more in our future