Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Longboat Key

There is a place that I love above all other places! I have so many wonderful memories there and simply feel at peace when I am there. After a number of years of not having the chance to go, this year we finally got the chance to visit, with my mom and dad, and brother and sister-in-law! I was so excited to introduce Titus to this magical place and he had more fun than I imagined! Hopefully, we can continue to go back and he can build some of the same memories that I cherish. This is Longboat Key, Florida.

Sunsets don't get any better than off of Florida's Gulf of Mexico.
The guys chilling.
I think they were going out to save some guy's tent from blowing away. Joel impaled his hand on said tent, but he is a tough guy, so he weathered that storm.
Mexican fiesta night, care of the Fergusons.
This is the face of pure joy because he can throw sand into the gulf with no restrictions.
His first taste of some of the best ice cream on earth...Kilwins.
Future swimsuit model?
Wow, just wow. I wonder where Titus got his teeth from? My sweet guys!
My idea of paradise.
Watching for dolphins! They came out every day, and sometimes we had very front row seats, especially when Matt and Krista were surf fishing.
Aunt Pam and Uncle Chuck had the chance to come into town for a couple of days, which was wonderful! Here we are at Mar Vista, which is such a great restaurant on the island. I had the Caribbean grouper, which makes my mouth water simply typing those words. I must find a way to recreate the dish!
Aunt Pam and Titus were singing.
The famous Mar Vista peacocks.
We visited Mote Marine Aquarium, which is such a great place.
Titus listens to some Veggie Tales songs, so when we told him that this was a manatee like the Barbara Manatee song, he just had to give a hug! Of course, we also change the lyrics to "Titus manatee....."
Joel had never seen a manatee before. They are huge!
Gorgeous!
Running out to catch the sunset!
Family.
Matt and Krista brought down a ton of fireworks and sparklers.
He looks like a wizard! Or, maybe I have Harry Potter on the brain!
Titus loved, loved, loved his Aunt Krista! He always wanted her to play with him, and she graciously obliged!
We saw a snake on this path one day, and while I freaked out, Titus just pointed, and said, "snake!" No fear. I do not know if that is a good or bad thing.
"Our" sandcastle.
Lunch for a busy boy.
Two of my favorite people.
Beautiful boy.Farewell Longboat!

No comments: